Monday 12 November 2007

Fatigue.

Je suis très froid et fatigue.

Saturday night was brilliant - it was the night of legends minus the French perverts who were chasing Helen and Jenny around. I met with Helen for wool shopping - well we met eventually. Think I'm going to have to put my phone to charge every night cos it dies SO quickly it's ridiculous. She bought me some new knitting needles, 10mm! <3

We then went to a pizza place and had free drinks for being their first customers, yay free drinks! Jenny joined us at the steps of the Sacred Coeur where we watched some brilliant buskers and they played Helen's most favouritest Oasis song. After they'd finished we took a walk around Montmartre, the view of Paris is amazing there.

Coffee and beer in the cafe Amelie was filmed in was next on the list. We took a trip to a random place with the internet where we found a true legend doing karaoke to James Blunt and Shaggy with a very strong French accent of course. What a guy. Then we found a random 'rock' club to go to. It was fun, we found two more legends - two older men (about 50/60) dancing with random people - they were better dancers than most of the people there. Helen danced with one of them, so it wasn't too bad until the random French guys were we're talking to got over friendly with Jenny and Helen - I was sat on the stage arguing with one of them about football and rugby - 'zee football is a true sport', he said my French was good. Managed to speak to quite a few people that night apparently my English accent is noticeable cos they all asked me which part of England I'm from then laughed when I fumed about it. We all got told we were beautiful several times all night, the charm wears off after the first few times but it's much better than being told you're ugly a lot of times!

It was almost 5am when we left and pancakes seemed like the best option. Waited until the Metro opened then went home. Got in for about half seven. Just after I went to bed the family started getting up! So that was my Saturday night, how about yours?

Today I had a French lesson in the morning then Sara, Claire and me went back to Liz's for coffee - Claire has managed to persuade me to do exercise on Thursday. Well it didn't take a lot of persuading - I'm going on a bike with Liz whilst her and Sara run. Looking forward to it, there's a promise of soup and French bread afterwards. Who could say no?

La vie est très belle!

P.S. Helen: 'goodbyeee my loooover, gooodbye my friiiiiiend', 'wasn't me!'

1 comment:

The Wilk said...

Aw, that post has cheered me up! Dunno if you saw it but I wrote about Saturday night on my livejournal and I was on a complete downer because all I could think about was the sexpests - I'd practically forgotten all the other cool stuff we did.

How can a night be a bad one when we got free drinks? ;)